Same Day : Appointments are available each day for people who wish to be seen. Please try to phone from 08.00 on the day you wish to be seen. The practice endeavours to offer everyone an appointment on the day they ring. At peak periods and times of heavy workload this is sometimes not possible.
Urgent Problems: If you have an urgent medical problem and there are no appointments left you will be offered one of the following (it is important that when you phone you indicate that you feel the problem is urgent). To assess the degree of urgency you will be asked for further details which will be passed to a doctor. The doctor may then:
- Speak to you over the phone and give a telephone consultation
- See you in surgery as an "extra" (usually at the end of surgery)
- Visit you (immediately or at the end of surgery as appropriate)
- Advise you to go to A&E at the hospital
- Arrange for you to see a nurse
- Send an ambulance to you
In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice nurses are qualified to deal with many conditions and you may be seen more quickly.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.